I look at my blog and wonder why I don't update more often. I guess because I keep some photos on Facebook. I don't like to share a lot of detailed information on there but by the time I wind down to sit here and blog I cannot put thoughts together. Hopefully I'll do a more regular weekly thing soon. That's my goal!
Robbie leaves for school soon and I've been nesting, ie. cleaning and reorganizing things so I can enjoy life at home after he's gone. When I go to the store I've been picking up stuff for him to take to his dorm. So far I've bought him new sheets, bath soap, toothpaste and other toiletries and a cookie jar I can fill with snacks when we visit. He will be rooming with a friend he's known since 1st grade so hope all works out for them. He hasn't found a job down there yet so I've been reminding him....it's probably gonna take him being very poor to realize he needs to find a job on campus.
Bob and I have decided to dive into renovating his bathroom, aka. the master bath here at this old house. We recently spent a few hours at all the home improvement stores in the 'boro looking at everything we'll need. We'll pretty much be gutting his bathroom all except the toilet. There's nothing wrong with it, it's the color we want (white) and it's not that old. We're going to wait until after Robbie leaves to begin this project because we'll only have the hall bath to share until the project is completed. Ugh. We'll be ripping up the floor, beadboard from the walls, trim, baseboard, light fixture, sink and cabinet, shower stall, etc. You get the idea.
Seems like we tend to do projects in the month of August...guess because it's so darn hot outside that we might as well keep busy inside. This will be the third year in a row that we do this sort of thing. We're going to try to do this project mostly on our own and will call for reinforcements when we get to installing things and use a plumber to relocate some of the sink pipes and maybe the shower.
I'm headed to Seaside again this fall so looking forward to that. I feel bad about Bob not getting to go due to his mandatory work schedule during that time of year but he actually wants me to go so he can have the house to himself for a week. ha ha!!! So, I'M GOING!!!
I think that may be all for now. It's Always Something.
No comments:
Post a Comment