This, my friends, is my addiction. A grande, non-fat, 2 pump Iced Caramel Macchiato.
I'll break that down for you. Grande = Medium. Non-fat = Skim milk. 2 pump = 2 squirts of vanilla syrup versus the normal 3 (3 is too sweet). Caramel Macchiato = Mostly milk with some shots of espresso coffee with vanilla syrup flavoring and caramel drizzled over the top. I order them hot when it's cold outside. Make sense? For a couple hundred calories that's my treat for the week and I usually only go to SB once a week even though I know you probably don't believe me because I talk about it like I live there. I average about $20 per month on my Starbucks card. Special coffee drinks are my "alcohol" of choice and I've already talked about the MAGIC it brings me so I won't go into that again. Considering what some people probably spend on other habits I think my addiction is reasonable. Sometimes if I'm just wanting a lot of coffee flavor I'll get a plain Vanilla Latte (minus one pump of syrup) but I'm also known to get plain ole Café Latte and just add a packet of Splenda and no syrups.
My good friend used to smoke cigarettes and she said she usually only craved them when she was talking on the phone or driving somewhere. I get that because I don't want to pick up a cup of coffee and come home to drink it. I seem to want it most when I know I have a long way to drive and sipping on a special coffee drink seems to make the travel more enjoyable. I'll either listen to the news or one of my favorite cd's in the car and it just primes me for a busy day of being out and about. I'm also pretty chatty for a good two hours after drinking it. ha ha!
You know talking about Starbucks makes me think about traveling which we'll be doing soon and there are plenty of stores on the way to where we'll be going this spring. It also makes me think about New York City because there is literally a SB within 3 blocks of anywhere you go there. Which makes me long to return to NYC so much that I just emailed Bob and asked him if he wanted to take me there this fall for my birthday. I'm half serious. And half joking. What if he says yes?!!
to be continued.....

you should go to work for SB
ReplyDeleteMaybe part-time when I retire. BTW, the jury is still out on New York this fall.
ReplyDelete