The UPS and FedEx people have been to our house a lot lately. I like to get pretty things like scented candles from Yankee Candle. I never buy these candles unless they're on sale for buy 2, get 2 free. I have a candle burning nearly every single day and only like to burn certain scents in certain seasons.
I have a supply of fall scented candles but didn't have any that fit in with spring or summer so decided to order a couple of my favorites (grapevine & oak, vineyard) and two new ones.
And, Bob has taken up lapidary as one of his new hobbies. I keep telling everyone we are lining up what to do with our free time once Robbie leaves for college. ha ha!
He learned about how to cut gems or rocks from Tom a few weekends ago and he liked it so much that he decided to order the equipment for himself. He did some searching around on Ebay and found a used piece of equipment (I don't know what it's actually called) that's about 20 years old.
We cleared out the little storage room and he built a table to place the equipment on last weekend.
Now he has a quiet work area so he can do his gem cutting and has enjoyed sealing himself off in there several nights in the past week. ha ha!
He has all kinds of little gadgets and doo-dads for this kind of work and has been ordering lots of neat rocks which will hopefully turn into pretty stones after he works on them.
Bob's dad brought over the old rock tumbler he had as a kid and I guess he will wear down some rocks in there. ha ha!! I have no idea what I'm talking about but I guess that's what it does.
Once he gets some gems cut I'll do a post about all the pretty jewelry he's going to make me :)
The hobby Bob has taken up sounds interesting. It will be fun to see the finished product. Remember Christmas is just around the corner :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I know! The thing is, the rocks he buys to cut into gems don't cost much on the front end; just his time spent making them, which he enjoys. The cost of the settings is what seems to be the pricey part of the deal from what I've seen online.
ReplyDelete