Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 2014

Our 2014 has started off as much fun as 2013 ended.  We've spent time with friends and family and worked on some small projects inside of this old house. When I'm done writing this post I'm going to walk around the house and take photos to upload next week about the happenings here. One project was my cleaning out some space in the laundry room (my sewing area) to make a work/study area for Robbie. Once all the crap we've been piling up there was cleared away, I found a great work space that even I might make use of when he's not.  The thing about the laundry room this time of year is that it is the warmest place in the downstairs.  There is an open vent and the heat just pours right in and it is nice and toasty versus my designated office space next to the window.  I wish I would've taken a before photo because it sure was a mess! 

I'm still on a mission to try to make the best coffee I can at home.  We're on our 4th electric coffee appliance (6th coffee making element if you want to count the two French presses I've purchased).  Since I started drinking coffee in 2007 we've purchased an espresso maker, espresso/coffee maker, coffee maker and now a Keurig.  The Keurig is actually Bob's baby; he got it with his Visa Rewards points before Christmas and he's lovin' the thing!  I'm on the fence as I  continue to struggle try to find the right combination of Kcup, water and nonfat creamer to satisfy my desire for "the perfect cup".  The coffee aisle at the store is a place we spend a lot of time as we look to see any newly released flavors or ingredients to adorn our hot drinks.  I continue to go to Starbucks a few times a month.  I may have to become a part-time barista so I can continue to buy the good stuff but with an employee discount.  Right now I save all my rolled change to use for my coffee addiction.  ha ha!!

Robbie still plans on moving out when the next school year starts.  We have a day trip to Western coming up to tour, meet with a business office rep and hopefully an advisor.  Robbie has discovered that community college isn't for dummies like he originally thought.  I think he finally understands it IS college, just on a smaller scale, so I think he has been putting in more study time and realizes no matter where he goes to school it is not easy.  He also juggles a fairly busy work schedule but still seems to find time to play Xbox.  ha ha!

Bob and I are excited about our trip to Yellowstone this year, of course!  Some friends of ours visited Jackson Hole and Yellowstone in the fall of 2012 just based on our experience the two times we've been out there.  Both of them say it was the best vacation they've ever taken :)  I was very happy to hear that from people who actually seem to enjoy warmer climates when they travel.  We've all talked about wanting to visit the Yellowstone area in the winter so hopefully in a year or two we'll be able to plan that trip.  An investment in super-warm clothing would be necessary....it was -46 near West Yellowstone earlier this week!!

I've thoroughly enjoyed all the snow our area has received this season....I was happily surprised when I woke up to see snow covered streets again this morning! Yesterday when I was out working I really enjoyed the ice covered branches.  Everywhere the sun shone was sparkling.

Well I'm off to take some photos. Check back in a few days for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment