Sunday, December 15, 2013

Tis the Season


We're right smack dab in the middle of the Christmas season and while I'm merry and soaking up everything that I can, I also want to just sit and enjoy the peacefulness of the season ever so often because as soon as I blink it will all be over.  We have been busy socializing up a storm for the past couple weekends and still have the actual holidays coming up in less than two weeks where we'll be in a 2 day whirlwind of visiting with family.   While I love to entertain and spend time with friends and family I have to have a break every once in a while which is why the upcoming weekend is our white-out weekend.  We have plans on both Saturday and Sunday....those plans will be to NOT have any plans or visitors at all.  To take time for Christmas movies not yet watched, do the last of the holiday baking and have some quiet in our home for two solid days.  So when we've been asked to do something that particular weekend my reply has been, "No thanks, we have plans."  Because we do.

We've had a great month so far this December.  I've done a lot of decorating, baking new Christmas sweets, entertaining friends in our home and of course enjoying the snow.   We saw The Nutcracker performance, the muscial Elf, gone to the movies and dinner with friends,  attended holiday parties, shopped at the mall and online, and I've spent a few minutes here and there just staring at the Christmas tree lights while sipping some cocoa. Every year during the month of December I listen to Christmas music every single day, watch Christmas themed movies over and over and burn  holiday scented candles.  I even have a cinnamon scented car freshener hanging in my car for this month.  Love it!

It's all great and wonderful but can get overwhelming after being constantly on the go.  Taking some time to recharge for a couple days will hopefully give us the energy and attitude we need to push through the the season in a jolly mood instead of spending the last week of the year exhausted.  Hope everyone else takes some time out for themselves to sit back and get out of the hustle and bustle for a couple hours, or a couple days, to be able to enjoy all the beauty around us during this magical time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment