Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

We started out Christmas Eve at Mom and Tom's house this year.  We had some tasty fried chicken for dinner before opening our gifts and visiting for a little while...or I should say that I visited with them while Robbie and Bob fell asleep on the sofa. Robbie had been up since 4 a.m. for having to work; I have no excuse for Bob.  ha ha!

Mom and Duke...her little sidekick
                              

One gift I got was my maternal grandma's recipe box.  It was a neat gift and I've already looked through it a couple times to read over some of her handwritten recipes.  One I wanted was for Rum Cake and it was in there.  May have to make a second rum cake during the holidays.
Mom made Elvis cake for dessert this evening.  It was very good!

Once we returned home Bob, Robbie and I opened the gifts we gave each other.  Even though we were full from dinner we still managed to eat some sugar cookies and egg nog while opening gifts.
Me and Lucas in front of the downstairs tree.

 Robbie's big gift this year was his very own laptop.  He knew he was getting this so it wasn't a really big surprise. We each saved a gift to open on Christmas morning then will have breakfast before we head out for a day filled with family fun.
 
 
More to come later....

No comments:

Post a Comment