I miss Bob this weekend. He's at his parents' house helping his dad work on the old car. The past few weekends we have spent time exercising together on Saturday and Sunday. This weekend it has been pretty cold outside so I did a little mall walking instead. Below, was last weekend at Audubon Park. We had fair weather and spent 2 1/2 hours walking trails in the park. Per our step counter, we walk around 6 miles that day.
I had never really spent much time in this park and didn't realize how nice it is! I imagine a few weeks ago it was really pretty with all the fall colors.
This is where we came out from the first trail; right in front of the museum.
This was built by Boy Scouts a long time ago and was a good place to stop for a few minutes to catch our breath. There are a ton of steep hills in the woods and I think I stopped and took about 10 one minute long breaks. Despite the difficulty of some portions of the trails it was a good walk and I hope to try it again in the near future and try to better my time and take less breaks.
Look closely and you can see the only deer we saw that day. I thought we'd see a lot more deer or wildlife in general but this was it. We could hear birds but never saw any.
Part of the trail around this lake was closed but we were able to walk a short distance down one side of it. So pretty and like mentioned before, I bet it was gorgeous down there a few weeks ago before all the leaves fell.
We have a couple other parks in our area that we'd like to explore when the weather is fair. I walk a paved path near our home when I just need to get in a quick walk but it's fun to get off the beaten path every once in a while.
Audubon Park is where we took our 1st grade classes in the spring. It is surprising how big the park is especially sitting in Henderson. If you have a chance tour the museum.
ReplyDelete