Saturday, November 2, 2013

Autumn Walk






 
We took a long walk this morning at one of the parks in the county.  There weren't but a few people walking through the woods when we first arrived so it was quiet and peaceful except for the sound of leaves as we shuffled along the path.  We walked about two miles taking photos of the trees along the way. 

Not all the leaves have changed in our area but the ones that have are beautiful! The park mostly had trees with yellow leaves but I've seen maples this year with shades of yellow, orange and red; looks like flames covering the limbs.  Those are my favorite ones. 

We're hoping to take another long walk next weekend and perhaps try another park.  Bob and I have changed our nutrition recently and are starting to get into the exercise portion of our plan.  We also want to get stronger and increase our endurance which will be helpful when we return to Yellowstone next year so we can do some ranger-led hikes. 

Tonight we head to our friend's annual Halloween Party so I will update again in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment