Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Madness Begins



The 1899 University of Kansas basketball team

We've completed our brackets here at this old house!  Bob and Robbie have IU winning it all and I had to go with Louisville.  It's going to be a difficult few weeks having to cheer that team on but if I want to win some money that's what I'll have to do.  ha ha!  I also picked a kind-of long shot, New Mexico to be in the Final Four.  We'll see how that goes.

I didn't spend as much time working on bracketology research this year due to being sick-as-a-dog over the weekend.  I started with symptoms of a cold this time last week but thought I was getting better by last Friday.  Well, later that night I started in with sneezing, sniffling and blowing my nose every 10 minutes and it only got worse as the weekend wore on.  I slept on the sofa on Friday night and moved up to our room on Saturday at noon and stayed there until I went to work on Monday morning.  I felt so awful that I just laid there and didn't even turn on the tv until Saturday night, and then on Sunday I had 101 temp so didn't watch tv again until that evening after I woke up when my fever broke.  I can handle just about any pain or discomfort but when I have a fever I can whine just like a man! 

Today I actually felt like a human being again and have spent most of this evening doing things around the house.  It's amazing how much better I feel now compared to 48 hours ago.  I'm still congested and stuffy but I think I'm gonna be fine.  I'm looking forward to yelling at the tv watching a lot of basketball games in the next few weeks!

Go KU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment