I've tried a couple new recipes recently and used shrimp in place of chicken. I found the recipes on Pinterest, my new go-to place for dinner ideas.
The first recipe was a chicken teriyaki stir fry and since I didn't have a wok I bought one on sale at Kroger.
It was a little spicy but very good! I added asparagus but the next time I would add pea pods and carrots as well.
I served the shrimp teriyaki over sweet brown rice that I bought in bulk at a Whole Foods store when we were out of town. If you ever get the chance to try sweet brown rice you should. It's a sticky, short grain rice and is a little chewy. We loved the texture so plan to pick up more of it when we are near a Whole Foods on vacation.
The picture above is of honey lime tequila shrimp that I served in white corn tortillas with onion, avocado and salsa. Bob and I had lime margaritas with ours :) We all really loved this one! The sauce could be used over chicken or any fish. Will definitely try this one again.
I'm 1 1/2 days away from my Relaxation Day. Our house is clean from getting ready for guests last night, laundry is caught up and the yard is too wet to do any work outside. I think Monday will be a success for me to do whatever I want that does not involve anything domestic.
No comments:
Post a Comment