Friday, September 6, 2013

Autumn 2013


It's very nearly my favorite time of year.  I'm waiting for the temps to fall just a bit before I really settle in and get happy with this season.  We're very nearly there.

I'm ready to make my first batch of chili for a Sunday football game.  I'm ready to have nothing to do on Sundays except stay home in soft, warm lounging clothes and watch football from underneath a blanket with a cat snuggled up at my feet.  I'm ready to have to take a jacket along with me to evening soccer games.  I'm ready to sleep with the windows open at night. I'm ready to use the down comforter on our bed again.  I'm ready to smell burning leaves just not on the days when I want my windows open.  I'm ready to pick and carve my pumpkins. Yes, I'm growing pumpkins!!


Some of my favorite times during autumn are actually the days when I have to travel for work.  It's a partly cloudy morning when the air is cool and crisp and I wish I would've worn socks with my shoes.  I stop in at Starbucks for a cup o'magic on my way to see clients.  I sip on my hot coffee and listen to my favorite songs as I drive.  It's one of those days when there is some sun shining between darkish clouds and the leaves have changed color and seem so vibrant against the sky.  There is actually a stretch of road where I notice this the most and I just love driving through that part of the county on days like that. 

I'm waiting patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment