45 is the new 25 as I see it. I refuse to behave, look or give in to aging. I am not ready to be a mother-in-law or grandma....and certainly won't be called that when I do get the status. I told Robbie no grandkids for another 10 years. I think I said that and then followed up with, "I have too much shit to do before I will settle down and be a grandmother." I think I then said, "I don't even look or behave like a grandma." Really and truly, I feel too young and Bob and I have so many things we plan to do now that Robbie is in college and will be leaving home in the near future. My vacation bucket list is pretty full and I just started vacationing with friends this year and plan to have many more years of doing that.
Me and my two best girlfriends from 2010...."Promise me we'll never get old."
Bob and I are embarking on a nutrition overhaul in the next couple weeks so we can continue to feel as young as we are for many years to come. He seems to be "aging" faster than me and I told him if he doesn't get his shit in gear then I'll leave he and his oxygen tank and wheelchair in the dust as I have no intention of slowing down now with my whole life ahead of me. ha ha!! Poor guy.
45 years has gone by fast and the rest may go even more quickly but I'm going to make sure I do what I want to do before I am scattered about in the wind or stored in a decorative urn on a bookshelf. Cheers to my 45 years and here's to another 45!!!
In a flash you will be 65.
ReplyDelete