Monday, May 27, 2013

We're Done

Seems like I've used that title on a post before. Maybe it was when we completed the downstairs renovation last year; I cannot remember back that far.

Today's title refers to being done with significant yardwork, housework, high school, graduation, graduation party and graduation party clean-up.  Whew!  It's been a busy 4-5 weeks doing all the above everyday, non-stop here at this old house.  So much so that I actually did not get up out of bed until 11:00 this morning!!!  Unless I'm sick that's unheard of for me.

The 3 of us worked together for a good couple hours this morning and got 95% of the party stuff cleaned up and put away.  The rest will get done when I clean out the wine pantry later in the week but it has been a nice day knowing everything is clean again and all the party trash is picked up before returning to work tomorrow.  I might add that I'm sooooo glad we had the day off today. I don't think I could've managed going to work today after yesterday's festivities.  Can you say sick day?  ha ha!

I did take some photos at the party and will get those uploaded and posted on here this week.  I didn't take as many as I wanted to, as usual, but I was having too much fun playing croquet and making macaroni and cheese.  ha ha!  Guess what we had to eat today?

We were so happy about the turnout for the party!  It really meant a lot that our family and some friends were able to make it over to the Big O to help us celebrate Robbie's accomplishments.  I think everyone had a great time and Robbie told us afterwards that he was thankful that we had the party for him and he had a good time too. 

Coming up:  9th Annual Quesadilla Party.  I think I have it in me.  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment