I'm so behind on here, I know. And, I know I have been for a while. The holidays rolled over into getting ready for our vacation to NYC, rolled over into my being sick for about 6 weeks and not doing anything after work, rolled over into spring cleaning, yardwork and getting EVERYTHING in order around here before graduation and Robbie's party. We have a list of about 25 things left to do and we've decided to keep pushing on until it is all done!
The next 3 weeks here at this old house are going to be as hectic as the past several weeks but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Bob spread Weed and Feed on the front yard after we beautified it by landscaping for a total of 8 hours over the past few days so that will pretty much kill our lawn and there won't be much to do out there. ha ha! We've spent the past two evenings in the backyard until dark raking, mowing, planting, moving things around, etc. We still have a couple more evening's worth of stuff to do before I can start planting in my herb garden.
After that we'll start working on party planning and by the end of Memorial Day weekend we'll be planning how we're going to spend the next chapter of our lives. I foresee a lot of sitting in the backyard drinking wine and watching the birds this summer. We normally aren't this busy like we've been the first 4 months of this year. I don't like to be really busy and enjoy hanging out at home and sitting in our porch swing in the evenings before it gets too hot and buggy outside. I'm going to do a lot of that this summer.
So I still have another installment of photos from NYC that I need to post and will also post some photos of our yard in the near future. Thanks for your patience!
Looks like you are as busy as we are. We have got a lot done, but still need more stuff. We have furniture in 5 different stores on hold til we can move in. Don't know when! Mom
ReplyDeleteStop and smell the roses. Luv, mom